Sunday, May 17, 2015

Dress to Impress Who?

I have changed the way I dress many times in my life, but it was never to make myself fit in. I always dressed to make myself feel comfortable, both physically and emotionally.







When I was young, my mother loved to dress my sister and I in the same clothes. By the way, I'm the young one. My sister and I are three years apart, so I don't necessarily agree with her dressing us like twins because she believed it was cute. I have always strived to dress in what I believe shows who I am as well as what I enjoy.





Speaking of twins! My sister and I (now that we are older) have been asked on multiple occasions if we are twins. In this picture, I was all dressed up for my junior prom. I loved this dress because of all of the action in it. At this point in my life, I was very focused on lacrosse and making myself a better player. I loved the chaos and action of the sport and I believe that this dress could easily portray that action. I also love this dress for the straps. I had thought about a strapless dress because I love the way they make my shoulders look, but I am constantly pulling them up. The strap was my comfort aspect of my prodders. I still wanted to be comfortable in a dress I would only wear once.

I have had many different hairstyles, but the two most prominent were the ones in these two pictures. Lately I have not had a complete bang since they are extremely hard to keep up with. I have naturally wavy hair, so they would be flat and starting to wave by lunch every day and would not look good. If I believe that I do not look good, I will not feel comfortable in anything. I have fallen back to the style in my senior picture, since the hilights tend to make my skin look more tan, even in the winter and the side bangs break up my round face. I prefer my hair to be manageable so that I can be comfortable with it all day, whether it is in a ponytail, messy bun, or curled.





I have always loved wearing the color black. At one point, my mother limited the amount of black I could wear and buy. Personally, I didn't care what other people would think of me for wearing mostly black, I just cared that it was a slimming color and that I liked the clothes I was wearing. 











Today I wear what I am comfortable in. One day I will be in an outfit like this one showing my nerd side by letting everyone see I'm a math major, and others I will dress business casual because I am in a mood to. I believe that fashion can be different for everyone and that it is perfect that two people can be fashionable by wearing anything they like. I prefer the comfort side of fashion since confidence is always in.







Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment