Monday, May 11, 2015

Collette's kind of Comfort

Ever since I was little, wearing skorts and cotton t-shirts, I knew that if people really cared that much about how I looked, they really weren't worth my efforts. That evolved into wearing a variety of sweatshirts and comfortable jeans, sweatpants and yoga pants. Why wear clothes if you're going to be miserable all day?


A good time is a better time when your jeans are that comfortable, like at this birthday party for my friend. I can laugh along all night long with a pair of worn out jeans and a lazy fall sweatshirt. This says that I'm relaxed and there to have laid back fun rather than ready to party hard or go clubbing.
A cool fall day playing with the puppy-dogs means dirt-ready sweats and a soft jacket. Playing with the dogs can be messy fun, running in the grass, jumping in the leaves, chasing after forgotten balls. Even when it's chilly out, comfy wear is everywhere.



But when it's hot out, it's still about cool comfort, shorts and tank tops are easy and perfect for the laid-back, lake-side lifestyle I have at my house. However it can be pretty bland; since jean-pants can be styled by destroying or bedazzling, it's harder to do with simple jean shorts. So, cool colored cloth and heavily patterned shirts are a nice mix.
Above is a picture of a vacation in Florida, sky blue shorts and an Aztec tank top are cool for a walk through the shopping district. The laid back, lazy day attitude matches me so well, but the heat is way past my comfort zone. Stays in hot places never last long for me!
 A working girl, I haul my own set of lobster traps, this requires care-free clothes that can be stained to no end. Old jean shorts and a tired tie-dye do the trick. The aviators are just a cherry on the sundae. This is what I look like when I'm ready for some down and dirty work, lobstering, while not only hard work, is and incredibly dirty job. The best way to really focus and get things done is when you don't care about anything besides the work, including how you look.
 Then there are the days where I literally couldn't care less, a lazy day with a book, sitting out on the landed boat. The Uggs are nothing but convenience and the floppy bun just pulls the whole thing together the more it falls apart.
A hiking trip can be long and exhausting, not to mention the chafing. Long spandex, light shorts and a thin tie-dye shirt take care of every problem and are comfortable enough to sleep in. This shows that I am ready to go go go and get to the top of the mountain (or reach my goals, you know, analogies).



Dressing up I like plenty of simple jewelry and more conservative looks, flowery blouses and simple-cut dresses. In the pictures, you'll see my hair how it was all through high school, long and colored. Before college, I cut it all off and donated it to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.
One of my senior picture outfits was also one of my regular outfits. More often I wore my hair up or straightened, but lightly waved was also really fun. the flowery top and the dark jeans made a nice contrast and the simple sandals kept me cool.
My grandpa and I on the day of my senior night, a geometric pattern and a red bottom half (unseen in photo) is fun, but also sophisticated, with simple, straight hair and big earrings. Ready to show off a fancy dress, but also be able to sit through speakers and the handing out of awards without breaking a sweat.





The main thing that comes into question when planning outfits for me is comfort. If an outfit is uncomfortable, no one is going to have a good time. Another thing is that 'old is gold' and jeans are at their peak wearing time just before they fall apart. The last thing is dress for the weather, even if those cardigans look super fine with those sweats, it's probably not going to be a fun thing for the middle of summer. Everything my fashion sense says about me is that I'm laid back, tend to do my own thing and like to keep things light. My fashion sense says 'comfort is key.'

No comments:

Post a Comment