Sunday, March 9, 2014

Clothes for Comfort, Accessories for Attention

                  Some people rely on their clothes for attention, picking out a new eye catching outfit everyday, that is not me I dress for comfort and rely on my nails, hair and makeup, and jewelry to catch the eyes of those around me. Although many of my hours are spent watching fashion shows or reading the latest fashion magazines I take none of that information and apply it to my everyday life.
                In the past I loved to wear concert t-shirts they were a way for me to remember my experience and to promote the band. Not to mention, they were comfortable and easy to put on. As I went through high school that began to fade and I started getting dressed up everyday, then my senior year came and I realized I was only in school for at most four hours a day and it was not worth getting all dressed up for.Now on most days I like to put on a sweatshirt and leggings and call it a day. I like to let my personality define who I am not the way I look.
            Show me a new nail design or a new makeup trend and I go crazy. I love to express my attitude and feelings through my nails. Some are sophisticated and simple, some are wild and crazy, it all depends on how I feel the day I go to the nail salon. They are also easy and maintainable, I don't have to do them everyday and I don't have to decide how they will look everyday. I never go a full month without a new design.I get my nails filled and fixed once a month, this includes getting a fresh coat of polish that is sure to have people looking. Having that wow factor whether it is with a more simple sophisticated look or with an all out design with colors and glitter galore.
          Most girls think caking on a new face makes them look fabulous well not me. I like to use a little blush now and then to brighten my face. Applying certain eye shadows with just a little bit of eye liner and mascara just enough to make my blue eyes pop. Some days I like to make my eye shadow fun but  there is never a time when I take my makeup off and look like a different person. To me I feel that if you have to hide what you truly look like than you must not see your true beauty.
                  You can never turn on a TV without seeing a commercial for a new hair dye.  I love to see what new colors have been designed, the basics and the new eye catching colors. Although fashion icons say to have certain hair colors in certain seasons, who cares, it my hair i will do what i want. I have gone from blonde that was so blonde it was almost white to black and everything in between. I am not afraid to dye my hair a new color because I love change. I feel as if people that don't except change don't live fully because the world is always changing. I just choose to change the way that I look as the change in my world. I do not follow the season rule because that is what most people do, I want to stand out and have dark hair in the summer and get the attention of standing out!
                  Jewelry is one thing I cannot go anywhere without whether it s a new ring, a signature necklace, or my Alex and Ani bracelets. I love my Alex and Ani bracelets because they describe who I am with little symbols on my wrist. They give me the opportunity to explain myself to other and start a conversation with someone I may not know. Rings are a statement piece for me they allow me to enjoy a time of year or to accentuate my hands with a bold ring that is sure to draw attention. I love easy to put on accessories that grab the attention.
       
           If you cannot tell by now attention is my thing. I love when people compliment me on my nails, hair and makeup or ,jewelry. It makes my day when someone comes up to me and compliments me on any of those things. They are also easy for me to maintain in my life and give me a great look everyday.

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment